This collection contains correspondence to and from members of the Hicks family, 1833-1883. The primary correspondents include Captain Ratcliffe Hicks, his sons Charles R. Hicks and Alfred Hicks, his daughter Elizabeth Hicks Harding, and her husband, William Harding. The letters contain news on family and business affairs, chiefly news of sea trade.
- Hicks, Capt. Ratcliffe, 1784-1846 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
The reproduction of materials in this collection may be subject to copyright restrictions. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine and satisfy copyright clearances or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections. For more information visit the MCHC’s Rights and Permissions page.
1.0 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mr. Richard Randall, April 1967.
- Guide to the Hicks correspondence
- Under Revision
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- 2019-09-18: Manually entered into ArchivesSpace by Mallory Herberger.