Matthew Marine account books
The Matthew Marine Collection contains various account books which date from 1822-1870. The bulk of the material falls between the period of 1830 to 1854. The collection is made up of account books, ledgers, and day books. This material focuses on the merchant and banking aspect of Matthew Marine's career, but only casual mention is made of two schooners he built.
- Marine, Matthew, 1777-1854 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Public use of this collection is restricted to microfilm.
Conditions Governing Use
The reproduction of materials in this collection may be subject to copyright restrictions. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine and satisfy copyright clearances or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections. For more information visit the MCHC’s Rights and Permissions page.
6.0 Linear Feet (6 flat boxes)
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Matthew Marine account books
- Under Revision
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- 2019-09-24: Manually entered into ArchivesSpace by Mallory Herberger.