Vera R. Kaminski manuscript collection
This collection contains documents and ephemera related to Vera R. Kaminski’s participation in Baltimore professional groups. This includes the Women’s Bar Association of Maryland, Women’s Society of the Engineers Club, and Women’s Auxiliary to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- 1854 - 2007
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
The reproduction of materials in this collection may be subject to copyright restrictions. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine and satisfy copyright clearances or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections. For more information visit the MCHC’s Rights and Permissions page.
Biographical / Historical
Vera Constantine Rutkow Kaminski grew up in Baltimore, Maryland. She was born in Pennsylvania to Constantine and Carolina Rutkow in 1919. She graduated from University of Baltimore Law School and was admitted to the bar in 1941. She married Edward Kaminski (1916-2011) in 1942 in a double wedding. Her younger sister Mae Carolina married Edward’s brother Joseph in the same ceremony. Vera and Edward had three children, Richard, Vera Ellen, and Stephen. Throughout her life, Vera was active in women’s professional societies and did charitable work for local hospitals, including Good Samaritan Hospital. She died in 2006 and is buried in Loudon Park Cemetery in Baltimore.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized alphabetically by organization.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Richard Kaminski, December 12, 2009.
Scope and Contents
The collection contains documents and ephemera related to Vera R. Kaminski’s participation in Baltimore professional groups. This includes the Women’s Bar Association of Maryland, Women’s Society of the Engineers Club, and Women’s Auxiliary to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. She held the positions of recording secretary and chair of the Women’s Auxiliary, which raised money for scholarships for students interested in pursuing an engineering education, supported local charities, among other activities. The collection highlights the Women’s Auxiliary’s activities and events for the years of 1957 to 1984 in meeting minutes, flyers, and membership lists, and similar documents.
- Guide to the Vera R. Kaminski manuscript collection
- Under Revision
- Lara Westwood
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- 2020-04-03: Manually entered into ArchivesSpace by Mallory Herberger.
Part of the H. Furlong Baldwin Library Repository
H. Furlong Baldwin Library
Maryland Center for History and Culture
610 Park Avenue
Baltimore MD 21201 United States