Hotel Rennert registers
This collection contains 57 volumes of guest registers for Hotel Rennert in Baltimore, Maryland from 1895-1920.
- Hotel Rennert (Baltimore, Md.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
The reproduction of materials in this collection may be subject to copyright restrictions. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine and satisfy copyright clearances or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections. For more information visit the MCHC’s Rights and Permissions page.
Hotel Rennert was a first class Rennaisance-style hotel located in Baltimore, Maryland on the corner of West Saratoga and Liberty streets. Owned by Robert Rennert and designed by architect E. Francis Baldwin, the hotel was seven stories high and fireproof. Notable guests to the hotel included Mrs. Woodrow Wilson and ex-President William Howard Taft. With competition from the nearby Belvedere Hotel, the Rennert suffered and eventually closed down in 1939. The hotel was destroyed in 1941.
46.32 Linear Feet (39 flat boxes containing 57 volumes.)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged chronologically beginning in 1895 and ending in July, 1920. Each register begins with the date of the first registrant.
- Guide to the Hotel Rennert registers
- Under Revision
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- 2019-09-10: Manually entered into ArchivesSpace by Mallory Herberger.