Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Typescript and notes for "The Beginnings of Maryland and Its First Capital-St. Mary's" circa 1933. Diary 1901-1902 of Mrs. Bibbins, entitled, "English Memoirs". Includes her account of opening of Parliament in 1902.
The Charles Carroll commonplace book contains holograph articles by Carroll on taxation and the public debt, circa 1776.
This collection contains the papers of James Morrison Harris, a Baltimore lawyer and member of the United States House of Representatives from Maryland. The dates of the collection span 1778-1928.
Vol. 1: Extracts from MD State Papers for 1636-58, made by John Leeds Bozman. Vol. 2: Rough draft of enlarged edition of pamphlet containing essays on several subjects under the Laws of MD (pub. 1802 under title, A NEW ARRANGEMENT OF THE COURTS OF JUSTICE OF THE STATE OF MD).
This collection consists of four typescripts of family history of the ancestors of Robert Lyon Mayall. The information in the typescripts was compiled from primary sources in the Maryland Historical Society.
This collection contains the papers of William Tell Steiger (1801-1888) and his wife, Hannah Van Patten Steiger (fl. 1865-1900), both of Brightwood Farm near Laurel in Howard County, Maryland. This collection well documents the agrarian lifestyle that characterized pre-industrial America.
- Subject: Essays X
- Diaries 3
- Drafts 2
- Agriculture 1
- Bladensburg, Battle of, Bladensburg, Md., 1814 1
- Commerce 1
- Correspondence 1
- Howard County (Md.) 1
- Maryland -- History -- War of 1812 1
- Poetry 1
- Politics and government 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Tax collection 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- Berkley, Henry J. (Henry Johns), 1860-1940 1
- Bibbins, A. B., Mrs., d. 1942 1
- Bonaparte, Elizabeth Patterson, 1785-1879 1
- Bozman, John Leeds, 1757-1823 1
- Carroll, Charles, 1724-1783 1