Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection includes images from disparate eras circa 1900-1979, all presumably depicting members of the Ancient and Honorable Mechanical Company of Baltimore. There are several group portraits of men in fire-fighting outfits circa 1900, at the Star Spangled Banner Centennial in 1914, and at annual banquets in 1947 and 1958.
This collection contains photographs of the Baltimore Sesquicentennial Celebration in 1880. Images primarily reveal Baltimore City streets, monuments, hotels, and businesses, as well as event decorations, group portraits, and parade floats.
The papers of J. Alexis Shriver (1872-1951) are contained in 17 boxes and number approximately 3,000 items. Shriver was a business administrator, public celebrations organizer, local history buff, and collector of manuscripts. The latter three aspects of his life are represented best in this collection, which spans the years 1790 to 1945.
This collection contains photographs of the 1976 United States Bicentennial activities, including reenactments, in various Maryland locations including Annapolis, St. Michael's, St. Mary's City, and Anne Arundel and Carroll Counties.
This collection contains images of Saint Mary's Seminary at Paca Street and Pennsylvania Avenue in Baltimore, Maryland, 1884-1891.
This collection contains photographs from the Fair of the Iron Horse, Baltimore and Ohio Railroad's centenary celebration in Halethorpe, Maryland, 1927. Included are images of the fairgrounds, exhibits, spectators, floats, historical reenactments, and more.
- Subject: Centennial celebrations, etc. X
- Photograph collections 4
- City churches 2
- Photography -- Negatives 2
- Baltimore (Md.) 1
- Baltimore (Md.) -- History 1
- Bel Air (Harford County, Md.) 1
- Business records 1
- Catholic theological seminaries 1
- Correspondence 1
- Fells Point (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Financial statements 1
- Fire fighters 1
- Historic buildings 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Legal documents 1
- Maryland -- History 1
- Parades 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Railroads -- Maryland 1
- Recreation 1
- Social life and customs 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Ancient and Honorable Mechanical Company of Baltimore 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Carter, William M., 1880- ca. 1917 1
- Confederate States of America. Navy 1
- Democratic National Convention (Location of meeting: Baltimore, Md.). Date of meeting or treaty signing: (1912 :.) 1
- Fair of the Iron Horse (Location of meeting: Halethorpe, Md.). Date of meeting or treaty signing: (1927 :.) 1
- Historical Society of Harford County 1
- Latrobe, Ferdinand Claiborne, 1833-1911 1
- Maryland Bicentennial Commission 1
- Maryland State House (Annapolis, Md.) 1
- Maryland. Division of Tourism 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Scharf, J. Thomas (John Thomas), 1843-1898 1
- Shriver, Joseph Alexis, 1872-1951 1
- St. Mary's Seminary (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Westcott, Thompson, 1820-1888 1
- Worthington, Thomas Chew, III, 1879-1953 1 ∧ less