Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
This collection includes surveys, plats, patents, deeds, bills of sale, and correspondence of surveyors for Dorchester County, Maryland.
This collection includes patents, surveys, plats, deeds, records of sale, land grants, and a surveyor's field notebook from circa 1850.The material relates to such Eastern Shore families as Moore, Tubman, and Pritchett.
This collection contains two photograph albums depicting life on Maryland's Eastern Shore, circa 1890-1900. Also included are scenes in Delaware and Pennsylvania.
This collection contains nine boxes of correspondence, business records, land papers, financial statements, and account books related to the Harrison, Denny, and Tilghman families of Talbot County, Maryland, circa 1728-1941. The primary correspondent is Dr. Samuel A. Harrison (1822-1890), a longtime resident of Easton and historian of Talbot County.
This collection contains file cards, maps, notes, drawings, and photostats all collected or created by Harry Lee Benson (1880-1949) and relating to land grants on the Eastern Shore in early Maryland. The collection also includes genealogical charts of Benson, Adams, Purnell, Wilson, and other families from Worcester County.
This collection contains photographs of Maryland’s Eastern Shore taken by James D. Grabow during the 1980s through 2000s.
This collection contains the law school notes and incoming correspondence of Baltimore attorney, John Upshur Dennis (1846-1916). Letters discuss legal cases, leisurely activities, and news of family members in Richmond, Virginia and Somerset County, Maryland. Also included in the collection are materials such as business papers and incoming correspondence of his father, George Robertson Dennis (1822-1882), a United States Senator.
Letterbook and account book of Thomas Cable, a merchant of the Eastern Shore.
This collection contains surveys, plats, indentures, and deeds of the Wilmer family as well as other Kent and Cecil County families, including Wickes, Galloway, Darnall, and Ireland.
- Subject: Eastern Shore (Md. and Va.) X
- Correspondence 3
- Land grants 3
- Women -- Societies and clubs 3
- Account books 2
- Business records 2
- Corporate minutes 2
- Dorchester County (Md.) 2
- Financial statements 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Cecil County (Md.) 1
- Chesapeake Bay (Md. and Va.) 1
- Corporation reports 1
- Deeds 1
- Genealogy 1
- Kent County (Md.) 1
- Land titles 1
- Landowners 1
- Legal correspondence 1
- Merchants 1
- Plantations -- Maryland 1
- Politics and government 1
- Recreation 1
- Rehobeth (Md.) 1
- Skipjacks 1
- Somerset County (Md.) 1
- Talbot County (Md.) 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- Wissahickon Creek (Pa.) 1 ∧ less
- Woman's Eastern Shore Society of Maryland 3
- Benson, Harry Lee, 1880-1949 1
- Cable, Thomas 1
- Dennis, George Robertson 1
- Dennis, John Upshur, 1846-1916 1
- Denny, Mary Ann, 1800-1872 1
- Grabow, James D. 1
- Harrison, Martha Isabella, 1822-1909 1
- Harrison, S. A. (Samuel Alexander), 1822-1890 1
- Thatcher, Edward P. 1
- Tilghman family 1
- Tilghman, Edward, 1713-1785 1
- Tilghman, Edward, 1750-1815 1
- Tilghman, James, 1716-1793 1
- Tilghman, Richard Albert, 1824-1899 1
- Tilghman, Tench, 1744-1786 1
- Wilmer family 1 ∧ less