Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Contents of this collection deal with Captain William Joseph Belt's experiences in United States Navy, 1811-1856.
The collection contains correspondence from Carlton Dates to his wife and daughter in Baltimore, Maryland while he was serving in the United States Navy during World War II. These letters yield a picture of the life of a Black serviceman and his family during the war.
This collection contains correspondence and other manuscript materials related to the Dugan and Robison families, circa 1786-1991.The bulk of the collection consists of letters written by Harriet Buchanan Dugan to her daughter Jane Mary Dugan Robison, as well as the papers of John Keeler Robison, an officer in the United States Navy and chief of the Navy's Bureau of Engineering.
This collection contains photographs made or collected by Lt. Bernard W. Figgins, thought to have originated during his service in the United States Navy in World War I, depicting ships (Stockton, USS Von Steuben, Jason, USS Hopkins) and crews including African American sailors. There are a few images made in 1964-1970.
This collection pertains to Hammond James Dugan (1903-1933) who was a naval officer in the lighter-than-air program. Materials include correspondence, diplomas, newspaper clippings and documents about German dirigibles, handbooks and manuals, logs and journals as well as material related to the United States Naval Academy's class of 1924.
This collection consists of personal histories, ephemera, and photographs of the members of the 2nd Division, 1st Battalion, 5th Naval District, U.S. Naval Reserve, who served in the Panama and the Pacific theater of World War II.
This collection contains correspondence and ephemera from the Stude family members, including German language correspondence and ephemera during the World Wars, business papers for the Otto Stude Grain Company in Baltimore, military records, postcards and scrapbooks.
The Stivers collection consists of twenty boxes of personal and navy correspondence written by Stivers, his colleagues, and family between 1913 and 1998. The Navy correspondence centers around Stivers' past service record and efforts made on the behalf of the Shenandoah Council. Personal correspondence includes annual Christmas letters, biographical information about Stivers, his friends, travel accounts, newspaper clippings, and correspondence concerning Stivers' publishing negotiations.
This collection consists of letters of Lt. Comm. Thomas McKean Buchanan reporting the activities of U. S. Steamer "Calhoun" with fleet near new Orleans, including fighting to clear confederates from the Atchefalya River and to replace buoys and channel markers.
The Wilmer – Hoffman – Deford Manuscript Collection follow different branches of the Deford family tree, highlighting the lives of various, but eventually connected, families, extending from 1777 to 1999. The bulk of the papers (1777 – 1981) center around individual members of the families including James P. Wilmer, Wilmer Hoffman, RC Hoffman, and Mary Dorothea Hoffman Deford.
- Subject: United States. Navy X
- Correspondence 4
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Account books 1
- Aeronautics 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Diaries 1
- Family records 1
- German American families 1
- Long Green Valley (Md.) 1
- Maryland -- History -- War of 1812 1
- Photograph collections 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- African Americans 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Records and correspondence 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History, Naval -- To 1900 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area 1 ∧ less
- Belt, William Joseph, Captain, 1794-1858 1
- Buchanan, Thomas McKean, 1802-1863 1
- Courtney, John A., Sr. 1
- Dates, Carlton 1
- Deford, Mary Dorothea Hoffman, 1887-1975 1
- Dugan family 1
- Dugan, Daniel Boone, 1909-1994 1
- Dugan, Francis Cumberland, II, 1830-1914 1
- Dugan, Hammond James, 1903-1933 1
- Dugan, Harriet Anderson Buchanan, 1832-1909 1
- Figgins, Bernard W., Lt., 1887-1963 1
- Hoffman, Richard Curzon, 1839-1926 1
- Hoffman, Wilmer, 1889-1954 1
- Otto Stude Grain Company (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Robison, Jane Mary Dugan, 1867-1949 1
- Robison, John Keeler, 1870-1938 1
- Shields, Thomas, -1827 1
- Stivers, Reuben Elmore 1
- Stude, Helmuth Frederick, Lt. Col., 1911-1984 1
- Stude, Otto Carl, 1909-2009 1
- Stude, Otto, 1865-1956 1
- United States Naval Academy 1
- United States. Navy (General subdivision: History. Chronological subdivision: Civil War, 1861-1865.) 1
- Wilmer, James Phillips, 1785-1814 1 ∧ less