Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Records of Baltimore organization of "Gentlemen interested in literature, music, and the Fine Arts generally".
This collection contains the minute book for the Anacreontic Society of Baltimore, a men's musical club in the 19th century.
The Baltimore Defenders' Association record book contains a list of members of organization who were veterans of the Battle of Baltimore, Sep 1814, with notations of dues paid and prescribed. Also includes memoranda on some members' occupations and addresses.
Membership record book. List of dates of entrances, degrees received, resignations, and deaths. Some members included: Charles F. Wiesenthal, Mordecai Gist, Stephen Decatur, John McHenry, and Robert Gilmor.
This collection includes the minutes, invitations, visitors' register, letter books, and financial accounts of the Maryland Club, an exclusive men's club in Baltimore, Maryland founded in 1857. Also included are the records of the Baltimore Club.
This collection consists of the records of the Paint and Powder Club of Baltimore, a philanthropic gentleman's theatrical club that formed in 1893.
This collection contains papers read before the Politico-Literary Club of Baltimore from 1900 to 1942. Topics include American industry, politics, biography,history, Maryland history, medicine and applied science, economics, religion, European and Roman history, as well as poetry and current literature. Most of the papers are typescript, while a few are in published form from various professional journals.
- Subject: Men -- Societies and clubs X
- Societies and clubs 3
- Account books 1
- Artists -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1
- Baltimore (Md.) -- History 1
- Charities 1
- Composition (Music) 1
- Financial statements 1
- Maryland -- History -- War of 1812 1
- Politics and government 1
- Theater -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- Theater -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Allston Association (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Anacreontic Society of Baltimore 1
- Baltimore Defenders' Association 1
- Baltimore Lodge of Masons 1
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. Sovereign Grand Lodge 1