Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
The collection of A. Aubrey Bodine photographs donated to the Peale Museum by Nancy Bodine in 1973 consists of more than 12,000 images. Of these, more than 4,500 are processed and available to the public. The images document virtually all aspects of life in Baltimore, Maryland and the Chesapeake region. The photographs consist primarily of 5x7, 4x5 and 120 mm film negatives. There are also 4x5 glass negatives and a few color transparencies.
The Brown Collection consists of 483 glass and film negatives. The images are primarily unidentified views of Baltimore and vicinity taken by members of the Baltimore Camera Club.There are also informal and posed portraits, rural scenes (landscape and nature shots), parades (including Baltimore’s homecoming parade of 1907), the Great Baltimore Fire of 1904, beach and boardwalk views, and maritime views.
This collection contains over 8,000 images taken by staff photographers. The collection is arranged in four series: Portraits; Buildings, Businesses, Events, Places; Negatives; and Prints. Portraits of prominent business people, lawyers, and other professionals from the 1970s to 1990s comprise the bulk of images.
The David Bendann Photograph Collection consists of three boxes of 33 glass and film negatives taken by Baltimore photographer and artist David Bendann . There are a few self portraits of Bendann. Most of the photographs are unidentified portraits or photographs of paintings or lithographs, including portraits of George Washington, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson.
This collection contains over 2,000 negatives, prints, slides, and other materials related to Baltimore News-American Photographer Fred Kraft Jr.
This collection contains glass plate negatives that depict various aspects of Maryland social, political, and economic history, including. These aspects include buildings, monuments, cemeteries, schools, businesses, industry, recreation, scenes, streets, transportation, residences, and parks. Maryland locations documented include Baltimore City, Annapolis, Ellicott City, Baltimore County, Harford County, Prince Anne's County, and Somerset County.
This collection contains photographs created or collected by Henry G. Granofsky, documenting activities of the United States Customs Service in 1929-1950 in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Hughes Studio photograph collection, circa 1955-1990 contains approximately 16,000 4x5, 5x7, and 8x10 film negatives, with some photoprints interfiled. Also included are two card files containing the index to collection. Subjects include portraits, buildings (exteriors and interiors), and miscellaneous subjects; predominantly Baltimore clients and subjects. This collection continues the collection of approximately 36,000 photographs dating from 1940 to 1955, also held by MCHC.
- Subject: Photography -- Negatives X
- Portrait photography -- United States 7
- Photograph collections 5
- Baltimore (Md.) -- History 3
- Druid Hill Park (Baltimore, Md.) 3
- Historic buildings 3
- Baltimore (Md.) 2
- Centennial celebrations, etc. 2
- City churches 2
- Photographers 2
- Photojournalism 2
- Recreation 2
- Social life and customs 2
- Childhood and youth 1
- East Baltimore (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Fells Point (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Fires -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1
- Fort McHenry (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Freight and freightage 1
- Immigration enforcement 1
- Inner Harbor (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Landscape photography 1
- Newspaper publishing -- United States -- History 1
- Slides (Photography) 1
- Urban hospitals 1
- Urban schools 1 ∧ less
- Baltimore Camera Club 2
- Dubas, John, 1889-1976 2
- Hughes Company 2
- Ball family 1
- Baltimore News American 1
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Bendann, David 1
- Bodine, A. Aubrey, 1906-1970 1
- Brown family 1
- Brown, Harry A., fl. 1890-1910 1
- Carter, William M., 1880- ca. 1917 1
- Democratic National Convention (Location of meeting: Baltimore, Md.). Date of meeting or treaty signing: (1912 :.) 1
- Granofsky, Henry G., 1909-1980 1
- Harris family 1
- Harris, Robert Lawrence, 1884-1950 1
- Kraft, Frederick Godfrey, Jr., 1929-2000 1
- Lord Baltimore Hotel (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Maryland Historical Society 1
- Miller, Rosa 1
- Milnor family 1
- Milnor, Ella DeVere Ball 1
- Milnor, William Ball 1
- Paramount Theatre (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- United States. Collector of Customs (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Warfield, Edwin, 1848-1920 1
- Worthington, Thomas Chew, III, 1879-1953 1 ∧ less